Our computer repair technicians use the latest tools that identify and isolate the viruses, malware, trojans, rogue antivirus, rogue programs, worms, rootkits and adware-spyware and then deletes them from the hard drive, removing all the malware so it does not replicate itself upon reboot. If you are not experienced with hard-to-remove viruses and other malware it is suggested you to contact us in order to eliminate the chance of further damage. Damaging the boot record will no longer allow the computer to boot and damage to files will not allow those files to be accessed any longer.
What is the computer virus removal process?
- First, we inspect your computer and determine where the virus, trojan, rootkit, or other infection is coming in. Where is the source?
- Then, we will manually remove the virus. This may be by removing it from Windows directories or other folders as well as the registry and start-up entries.
- How we go about the manual removal process will encompass many actions: deleting files, running proprietary utilities, virus scans, and an extensive testing process.
- The timing usually takes a one to several hours, depending on the number of viruses and nature of the infection.
- After the virus removal, we will install a 1-year complimentary subscription of virus removal software so you are protected going forward
Will I lose my files?
Computer virus removal is a process where we aim to remove the infection. As such, it does not cause file removal or hard drive formatting. That being said, if your operating system is corrupted from the virus, then we would look to recover your files first and then reinstall your operating system. Bottom line, we will look to salvage your files so there is no file loss.